(Hong Kong, 22 February 2016) Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI), together with Fujian Sunnada Network Technology Co. Ltd., performs a series of live demonstrations of Sunnada’s latest LTE and 5G infrastructure solutions supported by ASTRI’s advanced wireless and network technologies at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.
The joint demonstration showcases the latest commercial LTE base stations and network infrastructure technologies. The displays include an end-to-end LTE infrastructure that illustrates a complete LTE infrastructure processing chain consisting of LTE small cell and virtualized LTE EPC, LTE small cell gateway and security gateway.
The key technologies demonstrated include:
- Virtualized LTE Evolved Packet Core (EPC), LTE Small Cell and Security Gateway on latest OPNFV platform, with orchestration capability that significantly reduces deployment complexity and time.
- AllJoyn-based Smarthome Management System, which supports centralized management and remote status monitoring and control of AllJoyn-enabled home appliances and devices.
- LTE NXP B4860 based micro cell, which supports LTE-Advanced with Carrier Aggregation (CA), up to 8 antennas, and up to 3 sectors with 1200 connected users per sectors.
- LTE distributed antenna beamforming small cell, which supports coherent joint transmission with up to 64 distributed active antenna units for distributed MIMO applications.
- LTE MTC UE reference design, which is a Software Defined Radio (SDR) based MTC baseband solution for different MTC standards including rel. 12 MTC, rel. 13 eMTC and NB-IoT, etc.
Sunnada’s Director Mr. Haven Huang said, “Riding on ASTRI’s advanced technologies, we have been able to open up new solutions in wireless network infrastructure that cater for the needs of our customers. We believe that our close collaboration with ASTRI will bring not only great values but also profound impacts to the industry.”
Dr. Justin Chuang, ASTRI’s Vice President and Group Director of Communications Technologies Group, said, “With the combined strengths of ASTRI and Sunnada, we have successfully developed a good number of highly competitive mobile network products since 2011. We expect that our happy cooperation will go on and on and bring even more ground-breaking technologies in years to come.”
ASTRI has started its collaboration with Sunnada, the China-based wireless network equipment manufacturer and service provider, on commercial TD-LTE small cell and small cell gateway solutions since 2011. The TD-LTE small cells with LTE and WLAN functionality were especially developed for the China market and are ready for deployment test in the mainland and around the world. ASTRI will continue working closely with Sunnada in the joint development of next generation wireless communications technologies.
Sunnada and ASTRI are demonstrating the latest LTE solutions at Sunnada booth (Hall 5, Stand 5G70) at MWC Barcelona, 2016, being held at Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain, from 22 to 25 February 2016.