FinTech Future Leader Academy
The FinTech Future Leader Academy by ASTRI is an 8-week immersive internship programme with ASTRI’s FinTech team. Run with the support of ASTRI’s wholly-owned subsidiary ASTRI FinTech Limited, the FinTech Future Leader Academy is designed for undergraduates and postgraduates majoring in Engineering, Technology, Science, Computer Science, and Business & Finance.
The programme offers opportunities for students to work as an intern in ASTRI, Hong Kong’s largest applied technology R&D institute, as well as to go on field visits to the programme’s supporting organisations. These include AMTD Group, Bank of China (Hong Kong), China Life (Overseas) , Cyberport, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, IBM, Microsoft Hong Kong, and Ping An OneConnect Bank. (Update as of 4 March 2022)
Students joining the programme will learn the principles of FinTech, get hands-on experience in handling real-world FinTech projects, and gain exposure to some major FinTech services1234 institutions in Hong Kong. They will also have the opportunity to listen to talks by guest speakers from the programme’s supporting organisations, and gain insights into the FinTech career paths available in ASTRI and elsewhere.
What is on offer:
- On-the-job training and assignments with ASTRI’s FinTech team
- Experience of participating in FinTech projects
- Field visits to a variety of prestigious financial and technology services companies, organisations and authorities
- Mentoring support and guidance from ASTRI
Who can join:
Undergraduates in their second or third year, or postgraduates in relevant disciplines (i.e. Engineering, Technology, Science, Computer Science, and Business & Finance) who are:
- Aspiring to be tech-enablers for the financial services industry
- Able to create innovative solutions from the applied technology point of view
- Creative, open-minded, visionary, and interested in FinTech
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Schedule for the 2022 Intake:
17 January 2022 – 14 March 2022 (Completed)
June – August 2022 (Maximum of 8 weeks)
IBM and the IBM logo are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide.