- Work with other engineering team members to develop photonic chip based optical system for chemical sensing.
- Work on the photonic chip / optical waveguide design and simulation, e.g., AWG or MZI based spectrometer.
- Conduct tests and data analysis for optical modules.
- Contact foundry/sub-cons for photonic chip fabrication.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Physics or related disciplines with 6+ years of experience, or Master's degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD holder in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Knowledge of optical sensor technologies and applications.
- Extensive experience with optical phonic chip design such as MZI, AWG, on-chip spectrometer, etc..
- Familiarity with optical simulation and layout design software such as Rsoft, Optiwave, Lumerical, COMSOL, L-Edit, etc..
- Familiarity with micro-fabrication processing is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 July 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.