- Responsible for the Design and implementation of BDA solutions using a modern Big Data toolkit (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, NoSQL etc.).
- Design and implement APIs to gather data from diverse sources and services.
- Research and develop new tools and frameworks to build Big Data platforms.
- Closely collaborate with other developers and architects in developing client solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Master's degree or PhD holder is preferred.
- 3+ years of software development experience in systems development using Java and J2EE. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Development experience in machine learning, data mining, and real-time processing is a big plus.
- Hands on experience of working in a big data (hadoop, spark, mapreduce) environment is highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent command of English, fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is a plus.
- Self motivated and fast learner.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 15 March 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.