- Self-sufficient to develop package/module-level structural and thermal solutions for power electronics applications, such as IGBT module, MOSFET, IPM, and other power modules/packages, etc.;
- To undertake structural and thermal modeling and simulations for power packages/modules;
- To evaluate the structure integrity, reliability and thermal performance of the power electronics products according to difference application scenarios;
- To develop high temperature interconnect/packaging structures and materials for the 3rd generation semiconductor devices (SiC/GaN);
- To conduct literature and marketing review on products, patents and research papers to collect background information and facilitate proposal drafting.
- Master's Degree or above in Mechanical / Thermal Engineering, Materials, Physics, or related disciplines;
- 8+ years or 5+ years industrial experiences in thermal/mechanical design for micro/power electronics products for Master's Degree and PhD respectively, less experience for Senior Engineer;
- Proficient in structural and thermal design for power electronic modules/packages with hands on experience in finite element modeling & simulation tools, such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, Flotherm, FlowSim, etc.;
- Skilled with 3D design & modeling tools, such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, Pro/E, etc.;
- Familiar with material characterization, reliability test and failure analysis;
- Knowledge on DoE, DFM/DFR is a plus;
- Fluent in English, good written and oral communication skills; Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, aggressive and outgoing character.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 October 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.