- Understand the needs of wide-band gap semiconductors (e.g., SiC, GaN, etc.) and devices (e.g., SBD, MOSFET, etc.) in the world and develop corresponding business plan and strategy.
- Define the technology & project development roadmap based on the business plan & strategy.
- Recruit, develop and build a strong power device & application related technical group.
- Apply ITF funding and execute the projects to build-up a strong patent portfolio and develop the power device technologies with competitive advantages for different product applications.
- Work with the BD to promote, market and commercialize the technologies and products to be developed.
- Provide the power device & application related supports to other technical groups.
- PhD holder in the physics, materials science & engineering, or related disciplines.
- 10+ years working experience in the semiconductor industry with well-established expertise in different generation semiconductor technologies and their applications to various power electronics products.
- 5+ years of people management experience with well-developed leadership skills in strategy planning, resource integration, team establishment, plan execution and effective communication.
- Rich experience in the device design, fabrication process and qualification method is a must.
- Deep understanding of the technology development trend and wide network in the industry is a must.
- Connection with leading foundries and supply chain will be a plus.
- Expertise in the wide-band gap semiconductor device (e.g., SiC MOSFET) development and application is a plus.
- Good written and communication skills in English; Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, aggressive and outgoing character.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 July 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.