- Responsible for research and development of advance optical elements, components, and system design and prototyping for display and sensing applications, such as AR display with sensing, biometrics sensing and environment sensing, etc.
- Define optical specifications, optical simulations, design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, design reviews, manufacturability assessments, and verification of design durability and reliability
- Conduct diffractive optical element, waveguide optics or other digital optical elements design and fabrication
- Resolve technical problems relative to optics: technology research and development, IP development of core technologies
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment
- PhD holder or Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Physics or relevant disciplines with minimum 3 years of related experiences. Candidates with less experience may also be considered.
- Technical knowledge in Applied Optics, Diffractive Optics, Waveguide Optics, Holographic Optics etc.
- Experience in FDTD simulations, Finite Element Analysis, and/or other relevant numerical simulations.
- Familiar with programming using C/C++, Python, Matlab, etc. is a plus.
- Experience on design software tools (CodeV, Comsol or Zemax, etc)
- Nanofabrication skills and clean room expertise is a plus
- Self-motivated and good communication skills
- Live ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]
The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.