- Undertake R&D in relation to 5G adoption and deployment
- To conduct research in 5G standard (such as 3GPP and O-RAN) focusing on functional and performance requirements, hardware and software architectures, etc.
- To take part in 5G base station lab/field tests including
- Set up and operate 5G end-to-end system;
- Collect and analyse base station and terminal logs; and
- Take signal measurements using test equipment such as signal and spectrum analysers, mobile network scanners, etc.
- To take part in 5G consultancy projects for public and private sectors including
- Define 5G system requirements such as transmission power levels, interference levels, transmission bandwidth, base station density, core network capacity, etc.; and
- Verify functionality and performance of newly deployed 5G networks
- To support customers to adopt ASTRI 5G technologies and develop 5G systems with standard and non-standard features
- Ph.D. or Master degree holder in Telecommunications Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant disciplines with minimum 3 years of related experiences. Candidates with less experience may also be considered
- Knowledge of 4G/5G standard (such as 3GPP and O-RAN) is preferred
- Experience in design, implement, operate, secure, troubleshoot wireless networks, and operation of 4G/5G base station and core network is preferred
- Solid knowledge on information theory, signal processing, stochastic process, antennas and propagation, and microwave theory techniques is a plus.
- Experience in academic publication / Mobile network operator/ Technology consultant / Telecommunications regulatory body is an advantage
- Experience on use of test equipment such as signal generators, signal and spectrum analysers, and mobile network scanners is preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Cantonese, and Mandarin
- Live ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]
The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.