- Responsible for the development of optical system design and prototyping, especially imaging optics applications
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment
- Responsible for both imaging optical design and non-imaging optical design for optical instruments
- Responsible for optical alignment and evaluation; resolve technical problems relative to optics
- Responsible for tolerancing analysis and trouble-shooting
- Procedure writing and lab experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in optical engineering with 6+ years’ experience, or Master’s Degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD holder in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer
- The candidate should have excellent technical knowledge regarding optical engineering, e.g. Applied Optics, Diffractive Optics, etc.
- Experience of both imaging optical system and non-imaging optical system design and production
- Experience of designing camera lens, projection lens, microscope lens
- Experience of designing LED lighting, equipment illumination is a plus
- Familiar with design software tools on CodeV or Zemax, LightTools or TracePro, etc.
- Experience of automatic instrument/equipment optical system development is a plus
- Good command of written and spoken English, self-motivated and good communication skills
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 November 2017
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Late applications will not be considered.