- Perform R&D work to design, develop and/or integrate Mobile Edge 5G Applications that utilize the Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) and 5G network characteristics (e.g. low latency, localized content delivery);
- Setup, integrate, test, demonstrate Mobile Edge/5G applications in an end-to-end manner. Target applications include, but not limited to:
- Video surveillance/live streaming-broadcasting;
- Rich content (video, VR, AR) delivery and distribution;
- Video analytics, such as facial analytics and automatic defect detection;
- Analyze, optimize and tune of application performance on virtualized/cloud based mobile edge platforms;
- Build client application on Android and/or iOS platform.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience, or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Telecommunications related studies, or PhD holder in related area. Less experience (including fresh graduates) will be considered for Engineer position.
- Solid Experience in c/c++ or Java or Python software development on Linux platform
- Solid knowledge and experience in development/integrating one and preferably more than one of the application areas: Video surveillance/live streaming-broadcasting, Rich content (video, VR, AR) delivery and distribution, Video analytics, such as facial analytics and/or Internet-of-Things;
- Knowledge and solid experience in in developing/deploying applications in private cloud, and public cloud AWS, Google etc. ; experience and knowledge in OpenStack architecture (e.g. Neutron, Nova);
- Knowledge of communications networks such as LTE, Wi-Fi, would be a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in using containers (docker) would be a plus;
- Experience in Android/iOS application development would be a plus;
- Knowledgeable of software development on Linux system would be a plus;
- Fluent in English, good written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 October 2017
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.