Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- For the research and development of advanced optical system design and prototyping, including imaging/non-imaging optical design for machine vision, nano-optics, 3D reconstruction and medical imaging
- Define optical specifications, design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, design reviews, manufacturability assessments, verification of design durability and Reliability, vendor survey, schedule control and prototype verification
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment
- Degree holder in Optical Engineering, Nano Optics, Bio-optics or relevant disciplines
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or a doctoral degree’s holder is welcome to apply
- For bachelor’s degree holder, they will be considered for the position of Engineering Associate (PI)
- Experience of both imaging optical system and non-imaging optical system design and production
- Familiar with optical design software tools such as Zemax, CodeV, LightTools , TracePro, FTDT etc
- Familiar with optical design for machine vision application, Nano Optics, 3D reconstruction, medical imaging, confocal optical design, OCT, etc
- Good command of written and spoken English, self-motivated and good communication skills
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume. You are suggested NOT to include sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Please quote the Job Ref No. and include the following information:
- Name of University
- Degree/PhD obtained/expecting and when
- Have you participated in ITF Research Talent Hub before? Yes/No
- If you answer Yes in item 3, please state the period
- Have you been employed by ASTRI before? If yes, please state the period
The application will be open until the position is filled while ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.