- Responsible for design, detailed drawing, prototyping, and fabricating opto-mechanical parts, modules, subsystems and integrating into full systems for diffractive and holographic optical elements fabrication and testing;
- Work with other engineering groups such as Optics engineers, System engineers to ensure flawless integration and test at the subsystem and system level;
- Holographic/ diffractive optical elements quality and imaging performance testing;
- Perform ad-hoc tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Optical engineering, Applied physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines with 6+ years relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD holder in related area. Those with less experience will be considered as Engineer;
- Experience with opto-mechanical system, including design, assembly and precision alignment;
- Hands on experience with lasers and spatial light modulator;
- Hands on experience with lab equipment, and optical components to build and test proof of concept prototypes;
- Good understanding of basic optical principles and optical image quality metrics;
- Knowledge in holographic, diffractive and polarization optics;
- Experience with 3D design CAD and modeling;
- Self-motivated and good communication skills.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post. This position will be open until it is filled.
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.