- To develop module packaging solutions for power semiconductor devices, such as IGBT, power MOSFET, power diode and other integrated circuit elements. The packaging module consists of electrical connections, isolating elements, plastic housing, assembly integration and application mounting features.
- To design system mechanical mounting and fitting of the power module test such as test system, heatsink, demo system board and application circuit board.
- To design evaluation methods and carry out evaluation of modules, including structural, thermal and thermo-mechanical parameters.
- To design for manufacturability including automation ready in design phase to enable a cost-efficient production with high yields and quality and related mechanical tooling.
- To design for reliability through applying knowledge of physics-of-failure.
- To handle material mechanical properties characterizations and analysis.
- To work with internal and external partners (R&D, supplier, operations) in development projects of new product and technology.
- To generate and manage technical drawings and design reports.
- To continuously contribute on generating patentable idea to strengthen the company’s patent portfolio.
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacture Engineering, Applied Physics, Material Science or other related disciplines with 6 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 3 years of experience, or PhD in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Capable of handling product design from component level to product assembly level; experience in semiconductor packaging design is preferred.
- Well versed in 2D and 3D mechanical CAD design tools, e.g. Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Able to generate technical drawing and specification document with good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
- Experience and knowledge in product life cycle management (PLM) is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in simulation software and analysis for structural, and thermo-mechanical design is a plus, e.g. ANSYS, ABACUS, etc.
- Knowledge in semiconductor assembly process is a plus, e.g. die bond, reflow soldering, wire bond, encapsulation, terminal lead trim-form.
- Knowledge in structure and fabrication of raw components used in power semiconductor module is a plus, e.g. PCB, Direct Bond Copper ceramic substrate, sheet metal, injection mold, wire cut, plating, 3D printing, etc.
- A team player, goal-orientated and can work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good in written English and Chinese; Good in oral English and Mandarin.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application open until this position is filled.
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.