Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Basic design and schematic drawing for portable device, optoelectronics module, optical sensing module, and fibre-optics module
- Liaison with external hardware manufacturers, part suppliers and sub-contractors
- Working with mechanical part suppliers and vendors to define design specifications
- BOM generation, board bring-up, assembly, diagnose and validation
- Construction, evaluation, and interactive demonstration for the hardware development of the prototypes
- Ph.D. holder or Master’s degree in Opto-electronics, Opto-mechatronics, Science, Engineering or relevant disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in the industry of Opto-electronics / Opto-mechatronics. Candidate with fewer experience may also be considered
- Familiar with R&D methodologies, design concepts and principles for the development of optoelectronics module, optical sensing module, and fibre-optics module etc.
- Hands-on experience in constructing the hardware of portable device with the above modules
- Practical knowledge in the development of portable optoelectronics devices for food, environment, and health applications
- Knowledge in C# for data processing and simulations is a plus
- Fluent in English and be able to work as part of a team
- Live the ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.