The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness through applied research. ASTRI’s core R&D competence in various areas is grouped under four Technology Divisions: Communications Technologies, Trust and AI Technologies, Integrated Circuits and Systems, and IoT Sensing and AI Technologies.
It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer (“COO”)
- Lead efforts to enhance R&D project integrity in three dimensions: Quality, Efficiency and Compliance
- Coordinate overall R&D project planning, closing and post-project evaluation through collaborations with Technology Divisions (“TDs”)
- Monitor the integrity of the manpower charging process and drive corrective actions with TDs when deviations are identified
- Scrutinize R&D project proposals and resource deployment plans to uphold the required quality standards
- Review the business processes regularly for continuous improvements, and to ensure compliance with established policies and guidelines
- Communicate guidelines and policies timely to ensure consistent understanding among all relevant staff
- Coordinate ASTRI’s operational planning process. Lead efforts to monitor and manage charging on Operational Reserves (“OR”)
- Act as the central point of contact for the reporting of operational metrics, and be the owner of Project Work Time System (“PWT”) and Project Management Database (“PMDS”)
- Lead efforts to compile reports and papers for endorsement and approval by committee/ Board, and to schedule and manage the vetting and approval of projects
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years’ of work experience (5 years plus for Manager’s role) ;
- Solid experience in project/ programme management, business operations and managing operational metrics, preferably in the technology sector;
- Able to lead and manage effectively while upholdng the highest standard of integrity, and deal with ambiguous and complex situations;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills; excellent project management, time management and problem solving skills. Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Chinese. Proficiency in Putonghua is a plus; and;
- Able to be very detailed oriented and hands on in managing different project scopes with good follow up;
- Technical capability not required but willing to work under pressure a plus.
- Live with ASTRI values.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
You are suggested NOT to include sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]
The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.