The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness through applied research. ASTRI’s core R&D competence in various areas is grouped under four Technology Divisions: Communications Technologies, Trust and AI Technologies, Integrated Circuits and Systems, and IoT Sensing and AI Technologies.
It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
- Be the operation leader of ASTRI in all aspects and drive operational results for ASTRI
- Manage and handle the daily business operations of the company, working closely with ASTRI’s senior leadership team and department heads to support the day-to-day activities of ASTRI
- Be the leader for engagements with all clients of ASTRI and also be the leader in working with all government departments to drive Smart City
- Promote ASTRI’s result-oriented culture in reaching commercialization goals of all research projects including Smart City, Fintech, Communications Technology, Integrated Circuit and Systems, Reindustrialization, Digital Health, and Metaverse.
- Able to find new clients and able to engage with industry representatives at all levels and close business deals effectively
- Drive the Hong Kong Technology Ecosystems with ASTRI and university collaboration in the upstream and industry partners on commercialization.
- Represent ASTRI as a speakership and in engagements with industries
- Design, implement policies and procedures to promote company culture and vision and oversee operations to keep businesses on track
- Lead and control strategic project planning process, and resources allocations;
- Optimise business processes, procedures and policies through in-depth evaluation, and continuous improvements in strict compliance with standard practices and quality control. Fortify business performance, efficiency and effectiveness by engaging cross-functional support of business process improvements;
- Assess and manage a risk prioritisation and mitigation framework for ASTRI R&D project planning, budgeting, and manpower deployment by identifying an effective communication channel for risk assessment and management;
- Coordinate with ITC on project planning and process execution;
- Coordinate across various Technology Divisions to ensure processes alignment of R&D project proposals submission;
- Supervise the Operations and Mainland Strategy team to realise ASTRI’s ambition in the Greater Bay Area;
- Partner with top management to develop long-term business strategies and operating plans to support ASTRI’s growth strategy;
- Client management to maintain a high satisfaction level for existing universities, institutions and industry collaboration partners; and
- Timely update of daily operations towards achieving corporate goals and all deviations from the Board’s goals and policies.
- Degree holder (preferably engineering or science degree holder) with a minimum of 20 years of work experience, and in senior leadership role for at least 10 years in CEO, COO, Managing Director, General Manager, GM of Sales, VP of Operations, Sales Director, or Operations Director role. The work experience should include operations role or sales role which carries a specific KPI, and able to drive the operations to deliver goals and targets of the company, and include experience in business or project development and management, preferably in the innovation and technology sector
- A skilled communicator who is also an effective public speaker and able to drive company growth, maintain key operational procedures, ensure compliance and day to day operational excellence
- A resilient and organized senior leader with a keen interest in technologies, strong business acumen and a strategic mindset
- Result-oriented, proactive, and meticulous in identifying business opportunities, fostering partnerships, and driving business results
- Able to drive timely completion of R&D projects with high-quality outcomes and in compliance with relevant guidelines and policies, and cultivate a high-performance and ethical corporate culture
- Good understanding of the business environment and markets in Greater Bay Area (GBA) and Mainland China a definite advantage
- Possess outstanding negotiation, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Good command of English and Chinese, and fluent in Cantonese and Putonghua
- Live ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
You are suggested NOT to include sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.