Portable Analog and Mixed Signal Design
Established in 2005, Portable Analog and Mixed Signal Design (PAD) team focuses on delivering analog and mixed signal (AMS) IC design building blocks and design methodologies to benefit the growth of the IC industry in Hong Kong, the Mainland and other regions.
Initial product areas focused on advanced power management, data management and timing management. Over the years, PAD’s product portfolio has broadened to include LED drivers for green lighting applications, Pico-projection circuits, CCD camera front-end circuits, cellular RF power amplifier ICs, wireless body sensor network signal processors and micro-inverter circuits used in solar power generation.
PAD's R&D staff are experienced in analog/digital design as well as digital signal processing. Their key responsibilities include expanding the AMS IC design library and supporting customers in commercializing our IPs.
Our AMS IC design libraries serve as key components for building block ICs used in portable electronics and they include:
- LED drivers for energy-saving LED lighting applications
- Ultra low-power data converters ideally suitable for battery-powered consumer electronics, medical equipment, and sensor network
- Liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS) imaging IP and fast response LED drivers for Pico-projector applications
- Data management libraries for communications, signal processing and data conversion
- Power management libraries for hand-held devices, LCD panels, and battery chargers
- Timing management libraries for camera sensors and controllers
- AMS libraries for amplifiers and band gaps
- Signal processing IPs for MEMS sensors
- Micro-inverter circuits for solar power generation systems
Our IPs are designed to benefit the electronics industry in Hong Kong the Mainland and other regions by lowering technical barriers, reducing design costs and shortening the time-to-market. The ultimate goal is to transform clients’ operations from a low-cost, labour intensive-based into a higher return, knowledge-based business.
PAD has created a range of IPs as shown below. Download datasheets for details. Customers can also engage PAD to develop customised IPs or customised designs. Please contact Mr David Kwong at firstname.lastname@example.org
10-bit Successive Approximation (SAR) ADC
Power Management Circuits
High Voltage Current Sensor
High Voltage Internal Regulator
Low Drop Out Regulator (CSMC)
Low Drop Out Regulator (SMIC)
LED Driver Circuits
CCD Camera Circuits
Timing Management Circuits