ASTRI provides highly integrated NB-IoT solution including RF transceiver, baseband and System-on-Chip for terminals and sensor nodes.
NB-IoT is a new global standard based on public and spectrum-licensed mobile operators’ networks. It is a wide area wireless technology which enables ubiquitous connections. Anything can be connected to the network from anywhere, regardless of its distance.
NB-IoT is a part of the global 3GPP Release 13 standard published in June 2016 optimized for Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) applications with the following advantages:
- Low Power → Battery life up to 10 years
- Low Cost → Cheap enough to be deployed in mass-scale
- Enhanced Coverage → Covers highly shadowed environments
- Massive Deployment → Billions of connections
NB-IoT supports a wide variety of applications across many different industries such as:
- Smart Cities: Streetlights, parking, connected cars, waste management
- Smart Metering: Water metering, gas metering, electrical metering
- Smart Building: Alarm system, access control, HVAC control
- Environmental Monitoring: Pollution monitoring
- Intelligent Manufacturing: Industrial control, supply chain orchestration
- Consumer Electronics: Wearable electronics, tracking goods, white goods