- Understand the steps required to simulate an advanced cyber-attack, including planning, execution and clean-up.
- Gain knowledge of tactics used by real-life attackers and how these can be safely simulated.
- Discuss the risks of performing simulated attacks and actions that can be taken to mitigate these risks.
- Develop your knowledge of the CCASP/CREST code of ethics and how this applies to executing simulated attacks.
- The CCSAM is designed for people running and overseeing simulated attack exercises.
- It will cover the theoretical aspects of executing simulated attacks, sometimes known as “red-teaming”, together with common tactics used by attackers.
- The focus will be on the methodology, techniques and procedures that would be needed to execute a simulated attack.
- It will cover what can go wrong in executing a simulated attack and how to manage these risks.