The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the HKSAR Government in 2000 with a mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology based industries through applied research. Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to provide the following consultancy services:
- Consultation on a weekly basis for the software development team focusing on multi-language technology development for globalization and big data language processing/applications
- Review R&D development architecture, system design, and individual module performance, and provide suggestions and areas of future innovative applied research relevant to multi-language big data analytics through close collaboration with industry, universities and other R&D organizations
- Participate discussions, write application documentation and technical review, provide guidance, experience, and industry connection for the development team to implement the platform architecture, process, system, and its integration to the real world applications
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines, PhD preferred with at least 10 years of software development experience
- Extensive R&D experiences in multi-language processing, globalization technology, and big data language processing, with solid exposure in customer interface, project planning and management, and product development
- Substantial experience in both algorithm design, system architecture, as well as big data analytics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in written and spoken English. Cantonese and Putonghua are plus
The deliverables for the consulting service includes:
- Review of the multi-language processing framework and system for all 5 languages (e.g. French, German, Italian, Iberian Spanish, and Iberian Portuguese)
- Review and provide suggestion/improvement guidance on the multi-language address annotation program and its implementation
- Wrote use case documentation and write technical documentation for the multi-language mobile applications
Referral or interested parties are cordially invited to send in contact information (quoting Ref. No.) with brief introduction of the consultant to the email address no later than 20 March 2016.
Email: [email protected]
Personal data provided will be used for engagement purposes only.