The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the HKSAR Government in 2000 with a mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology based industries through applied research. Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to provide the following consultancy services:
- Provide consultancy services with domain expertise and advice to the EC/Power project team in (1) fabrication process flow, high voltage testing of power silicon carbide junction barrier diode devices, (2) reverse engineering and (3) modeling.
- Holds a faculty position at university or principal investigator (or senior scientist, senior research officer) at a research institute or company with proven record in silicon carbide power devices research (e.g. peer review journal, scientific award, national level research grant management and review experience).
- Teaching experience in silicon carbide power device physics, modeling, fabrication and characterization at university level.
- Familiar with design rules and fabrication processes of silicon carbide power devices and high voltage (>1200V) testing.
- Technical expertise in power device reverse engineering.
The deliverables for this consultant are divided into three tasks:
- To provide advice on photomask layout and fabrication process flow of silicon carbide power junction barrier diode devices and provide advice on high voltage testing of silicon carbide power junction barrier diode devices, troubleshooting problems associated with high voltage testing conditions such as air arcing, surface breakdown, etc. The deliverables of this task include telephone/email support for Q&A.
- To provide advice on reverse engineering of silicon carbide power junction barrier diode. The deliverables of this task include telephone/email support for Q&A.
- To provide advice on computer modelling study on design, layout and epitaxial material structures of silicon carbide power junction barrier diode. The deliverables of this task include telephone/email support for Q&A.
Referral or interested parties are cordially invited to send contact information (quoting Ref. No.) with brief introduction of the consultant to the following email address no later than 17 October 2017.
Email: [email protected]
Personal data provided will be used for engagement purposes only.