- Create a new technology area and lead a new advanced R&D team under the direction of Vice President & Group Director to achieve R&D excellence and fulfill the team’s intellectual property creation and commercialization objectives in this new area, such as sensor and actuator, and its applications to smart mobile and wearable devices, Internet of things (IoT), healthcare electronics, LED, smart building/vehicle/city, etc.
- Be the team’s technical expert and drive the technology effort from materials, chips, components, modules, or interfaces to network systems aspects; and
- Develop and execute technology licensing strategy and business plan for commercialization; or incubating the team to seek for venture opportunities in forming a start-up.
- Doctorate or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Opto-Electronic Engineering, Optical, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or relevant disciplines;
- Doctorate degree with 6+ years or Master's degree with 10+ years experience in engineering with accomplishment in technology development and experience in building and leading R&D teams in areas of electronics, opto-electronics, mechanical, physics, chemistry, or material;
- Extensive knowledge in the identified field for general market development, key players, technology trends, and supply chains;
- An open mindset to take up venture/corporate funded start-up opportunities. Experience in business plan writing and/or fund raising activities is a plus;
- Competent presentation and negotiation skills. Strong proficiency in English and fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 May 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.