- Develop algorithms for cell identification/classification and related image processing tasks.
- Develop algorithms for content based image retrieval in healthcare and/or medical applications.
- Implement solution for production use with GPU and Hadoop/Spark and/or related technologies.
- Perform independent R&D work including literature study, open source code search and patent reading.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of algorithm development and software programming development experience in image processing.
- Experience in programming language including C/C++ and MATLAB is required.
- Experience in GPU programming and Hadoop is preferred.
- Knowledge on database and computing in medical imaging is needed.
- Self motivated and well organized with can-do attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Senior Engineer position will be offered to candidate with more work experience or stronger academic background.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 July 2016: Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.