- Develop intelligent tactile sensing technology in manufacturing robots area and lead a new advanced R & D team to achieve R & D excellence and fulfill the team’s intellectual property creation and commercialization objectives in this new area.
- Be the team’s technical expert and drive the technologies in tactile sensors device, material, process and overall system integration, feedback control; and
- Set up and execute technology licensing strategy for commercialization; or incubate the team to seek for venture opportunities in forming a start-up.
- Doctorate or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Opto-Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mechanics, or relevant disciplines;
- Doctorate degree with 5+ years or Master's degree with 10+ years’ experience in engineering with accomplishment in technology development and experience in building and leading R&D teams in areas of tactile sensing device, module, and system;
- Experience in flexible tactile sensor devices, material and related systems integration for robot arms / hands / fingertips;
- Experience in tactile sensor systems for human-machine interaction, system safety and process monitoring in industrial automation, advanced robot applications;
- Experience in robot manipulators, 3D vision and tactile sensing fusion, real-time control systems, and their integrations;
- Extensive knowledge in the identified field for general market development, key players, technology trends, and supply chains;
- Competent and presentation and negotiation skills. Strong proficiency in English and fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 15 June 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.