- Responsible for both imaging optical design and non-imaging optical design for optical instruments.
- Be the technical expert and drive the technologies in 2D/3D machine vision for measurement, defect inspection, robotic vision.
- Lead a team of engineers to achieve R&D excellence and fulfill the team’s intellectual property creation and commercialization objectives in this new area.
- Team building, project execution, propose new projects with innovative technologies and applications
- Other related tasks on demand
- Master Degree in Optical Engineering or related disciplines with 8+ years of relevant experience; or Ph.D. holder with 5+ years of working experience;
- The candidate should have excellent technical knowledge regarding optical engineering, e.g. Applied Optics, Diffractive Optics, etc.;
- Experience of both imaging optical system and non-imaging optical system design and production;
- Experience of designing camera lens, projection lens, microscope lens, LED lighting, equipment illumination is a plus;
- Familiar with design software tools on CodeV or Zemax, LightTools or TracePro, etc.;
- With team leadership and good communication skills;
- Fast learner and passion in learning new technology;
- Extensive knowledge in the identified field for general market development, key players, technology trends, and supply chains is a plus;
- Good presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong proficiency in English. Fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post until this position is filled.
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.