- Assist the Head of Intellectual Property & Knowledge Management in managing in-house IP procedures covering invention review, patent drafting, patent filing and patent maintenance;
- Improve in-house procedures if needed;
- Support procedure compliance;
- Conduct prior art search and claim analysis;
- Work with inventors and external patent agents;
- Support in-house patent review committee meetings;
- Provide Intellectual Property training to staff members;
- Manage patent budgets and expenses;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Science or Engineering. Higher degree is an advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree with more than 12 years’ relevant work experience or Master’s degree with 8 years’ relevant work experience;
- Qualified patent agent is preferred;
- Supervisory experience is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Candidates with less experience and qualifications will be considered for the position of Manager, Intellectual Property.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post. This position will be open until it is filled.
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.