It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
- Assist the CCG leader to manage department operation management, from cashflow, ITF project execution, contract execution, manpower allocation, budget allocation to business development, forum/conference, university collaboration.
- Identify new R&D direction for photonics team and form the R&D focus group to develop new photonics and optics device for display and sensing applications.
- Be responsible for technical team operation, monitoring projects/contract execution to secure the deliverables on schedule with required specifications.
- Support business and promotion activities in mainland China, support strategy cooperation in Photonics area with HKSTP (Senor Lab, MEC and future plan in GBA).
- Enhance Technical team’s IP mapping and technology/market benchmarking to strengthen the core R&D competence with patent protection.
- Propose/execute ITF projects and be responsible for its patent protected IP generation, project deliverables, industry contribution, commercialization and social impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Electrical/Optoelectronics Engineering, with minimum 15 years of related experience.
- Candidates with less qualification or experience may also be considered. Experience/knowledge in various optical/optoelectronics systems (e.g. display and sensing optics, optical sensing system, visual acquisition, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in semiconductor optoelectronics device development and testing; Direct experience with semiconductor microfabrication technology, including photolithography, wet and dry etch, and film deposition is a plus
- Knowledge/Experience with electronic device characterization or semiconductor-style device processing; ability to acquire and maintain a DOE clearance is a plus
- Experience in patent analysis and filing/strategy and transferring technology into mass production is a plus
- Strong teamwork and good analytical thinking skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English; and Chinese is a plus
- Live the ASTRI values.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.