Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- For the research and development of advance optical system design and prototyping, including imaging/non-imaging optical design for machine vision, 3D reconstruction and medical imaging
- Define optical specifications, design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, design reviews, manufacturability assessments, verification of design durability and Reliability, vendor survey, schedule control and prototype verification
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment
- Resolve technical problems relative to optics; technology research and development, IP development of core technologies
- PhD holder or Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Applied Optics, Physics, Bio-optics or relevant disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of related experiences. Candidates with fewer experience may also be considered.
- Experience of both imaging optical system and non-imaging optical system design and production
- Familiar with design software tools on CodeV or Zemax, LightTools or TracePro, etc.
- Familiar with optical design for machine vision application, 3D reconstruction, medical imaging, confocal optical design, OCT, etc.
- Good command of written and spoken English, self-motivated and good communication skills
- Live the ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.