It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
- Propose, review, and execute projects advancing the practical state-of-the-art in computer vision for industrial applications
- Software integration of vision systems including UI design
- Built out tools and libraries (mainly in C/C++ and Python platform, other platforms are also welcome)
- Prepare documents and invention disclosures
- Occasional business trips to other cities for onsite support
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Ph.D holder or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information, Physics, Electronic Engineering or relevant disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of related experiences. Candidates with fewer experience may also be considered
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Experience in computer vision algorithm such as:
- machine-learning algorithms, including neural networks, optimizers, etc., and
- image-processing algorithms, including image feature extraction, registration, stereo vision, etc.
- Experience in system integration and UI design
- Familiar with TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV or CUDA is a plus
- Familiar with Linux software development is plus
- Strong teamwork and good analytical thinking skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Live the ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.