ASTRI networking software has been focusing on ultra-high performance networking software for LTE mobile core networks, such as Evolved Packet Core (EPC). Network virtualization and cloud technologies related to NFV/SDN are keys to evolve 4G/5G network architecture to allow flexible and effective service creation and management. As a technology leader in this area, we have partners who are mobile operators, solutions/equipment vendors internationally. ASTRI's networking software R&D is expanding and we are looking for Software Engineer to perform research and development on next generation virtualized, cloud based, and service aware mobile networks.
- Perform R&D on network virtualization technologies, such as NFV (Network Function Virtualization), SDN (Software Defined Networking), SFC (Service Function Chaining), MEC (Mobile Edge Computing), to evolve next generation mobile network.
- Software development and integration of key modules for LTE networks such as, LTE EPC, NFV orchestrator, NFV infrastructure (NFVI) platform.
- Research major open projects related to cloud/NFV: OPNFV, ONP, OpenStack, OpenDaylight, ONOS, DPDK.
- Senior Engineer: Bachelor's degree with 6 years experience or Master's degree with 3 years experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications related studies; candidates with less experience (including fresh graduates) will be considered for Engineer position.
- Knowledge of computer networks and protocols.
- Knowledge and solid experience in C/C++ programming; Python, Java, Golang would be a plus.
- Knowledge/experience in open projects on: DPDK, OPNFV, ONP, OpenStack, OpenDaylight, ONOS, would be a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in SDN switches, would be a plus.
- Networking technologies such as VxLAN, BGP, would be a plus.
- Linux networking & virtualization: Kernel network stack, OVS, KVM/Qemu, libvirt, LXC/Docker, would be a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 March 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.