- Perform R&D on network virtualization technologies, such as NFV (Network Function Virtualization), SDN (Software Defined Networking), SFC (Service Function Chaining), MEC (Mobile Edge Computing), to evolve next generation mobile network.
- Software development and integration of key modules for LTE networks such as, LTE EPC, NFV orchestrator, NFV infrastructure (NFVI) platform.
- Research major open projects related to cloud/NFV: OPNFV, ONP, OpenStack, OpenDaylight, ONOS, DPDK.
- Bachelor's degree + 6 year experience or Master's degree + 3 year experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications related studies; less experience (including fresh graduates will be considered for Engineer position).
- Knowledge of computer networks and protocols;
- Knowledge and solid experience in C/C++ programming; Python, Java, Golang would be a plus
- Knowledge/experience in open projects on: DPDK, OPNFV, ONP, OpenStack, OpenDaylight, ONOS, would be a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in SDN switches, would be a plus;
- Networking technologies such as VxLAN, BGP, would be a plus;
- Linux networking & virtualization: Kernel network stack, OVS, KVM/Qemu, libvirt, LXC/Docker, would be a plus
- Fluent in English, good written and oral communications skills
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than: 15 June 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.