- Develop compelling PoC’s and solutions using emerging technologies for real-time and big data ingestion and processing.
- Leverage a variety of SQL and NoSQL backends for data storage and analysis.
- Contribute in a DevOps role, supporting operations and infrastructure as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline (or equivalent expertise).
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years working experience; Master's degree with 3+ years working experience; Fresh Masters/PhD would also be considered. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- 3+ years experience in Java development.
- Passion and experience in programming in Java/scala/python and building enterprise software or similar products.
- Knowledge and experience in Lucene, Elasticsearch, Distributed Systems, or other NoSQL solutions is a big plus.
- Development experience in machine learning, data mining, and real-time processing is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Self motivated and fast learner.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 April 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.