- Work with optical team to develop Raman and/or spectroscopic system for food safety & quality screening and other chemical sensing projects.
- Develop sample preparation and measurement protocols for the pesticide residue screening using surface enhanced Raman (SERS).
- Analyze the optical spectrum (e.g. Raman/NIR adsorption) to extract chemical information.
- Establish necessary outsourcing collaborations to minimize schedule and resources risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Chemical engineering or Material Science related fields with 6+ years’ experience, or Master’s Degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD holder; Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Knowledge of optical (spectroscopic) sensing technologies and applications (e.g. Raman, NIR).
- Hand-on experience in Surface enhanced Raman measurement and sample preparation.
- Experience in advanced signal and data processing and interpretation for spectroscopy is a plus.
- Excellent in English and Chinese written skills.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 October 2017
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Late application will not be considered.