- Be the technical interface for small to middle power electronic applications in consumer electronics and home appliance (e.g. SMPS and Drives).
- Focus on Design-In Power Electronic Circuit, Power Semiconductor (FET, Diode), Driver’s, Analog- and Digital IC’s to create system solutions.
- Work proactively on optimized system solutions for our customer’s applications together with the internal R&D team.
- Conduct test and trials of the applications in the in-house laboratory and/or on-site together with the customer.
- Lead and drive the component sourcing, samples building and small scale manufacturing for validation of the applications.
- Bachelor or above in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or related disciplines;
- 6+ years relevant experience for Bachelor, 3+ years relevant experience for Master and less experience for PhD;
- Deep understanding of power semiconductors e.g. Power MOSFETS, GaN FET, HS- and LS-Driver, Power Switches, analogue- digital IC’s
- Experience in in-lab measurement techniques using probe and oscilloscope, power supply, electronic load, and spectrum analyzer.
- Experience in SMPS design, including magnetic designs, PCB layout, prototyping, circuit topology; knowledge about passive components for SMPS (capacitors and inductors).
- Experience in practical design verification and troubleshooting, including electrical, thermal and mechanical issues handling.
- Experience in working with the manufacturing sub-contractor from sample build to pilot production.
- Understanding of the SMPS industry and power electronics market.
- Willingness to travel.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 August 2017
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Late application will not be considered.