- Assist in ITF R&D project as assigned.
- For the research and development of advance optical system design and prototyping, including imaging/non-imaging optical design for machine vision, 3D reconstruction and medical imaging.
- Define optical specifications, design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, design reviews, manufacturability assessments, verification of design durability and reliability, vendor survey, schedule control and prototype verification.
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment.
- Resolve technical problems relative to optics.
- PhD holder in Optical Engineering, Applied Optics, Physics, Bio-optics or relevant disciplines, including non-local applicant.
- Experience of both imaging optical system and non-imaging optical system design and production is a plus.
- Familiar with design software tools on CodeV or Zemax, LightTools or TracePro, etc. is a plus.
- Familiar with optical design for machine vision application, 3D reconstruction, medical imaging, confocal optical design, OCT, etc. is a plus.
- Good command of written and spoken English, self-motivated;
- Good communication skills.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume, you must quote the Job Ref and include the following information:
- Name of University
- PhD obtained/expecting and when
- Have you participated in ITF Project Internship Program before? Yes/No
- If you answer Yes in item 3, please state the period
- Have you been employed by ASTRI before? If yes, please state the period
- Academic referee
- Your R&D skills
- Your work experience, if applicable
Application Deadline: until this position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.