- Assist in ITF R&D project as assigned
- Assist in research and development of varifocal lens system for sensing application
- Define optical specifications, optical simulations, design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, design reviews, manufacturability assessments, and verification of design durability and reliability
- Resolve technical problems relative to optics: technology research and development, IP development of core technologies
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment
- Graduate in STEM-related discipline such as Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering and Mathematics or relevant discipline
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or a doctoral degree’s holder is welcome to apply
- For bachelor’s degree holder, they will be considered for the position of Engineering Associate (PI)
- The candidate should have excellent technical knowledge regarding optical engineering, e.g. Applied Optics, Diffractive Optics, Waveguide optics, etc.
- Experience in FDTD simulations, Finite Element Analysis, and/or other relevant numerical simulations is a plus
- Broad knowledge of varifocal lens, such as liquid lens, liquid crystal lens, geometric phase lens, etc.
- Familiar with programming using C/C++, Python, Matlab, etc. Any experience on design software tools (CodeV, Comsol or Zemax, etc) is a plus
- Good command of written and spoken English, self-motivated and good communication skills
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume, you must quote the Job Ref No. and include the following information:
- Name of University
- Degree/PhD obtained/expecting and when
- Have you participated in ITF Research Talent Hub before? Yes/No
- If you answer Yes in item 3, please state the period
- Have you been employed by ASTRI before? If yes, please state the period
Application Deadline: until this position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.