- Conduct research and development of energy storage systems, comprising combination of Lithium batteries, ultracapacitors, and/or other energy storage devices.
- Develop embedded software and control algorithms in connection with energy storage systems, comprising Lithium batteries, ultracapacitors, etc.
- Evaluate characteristics/performance of different energy storage devices, such as Lithium batteries, ultracapacitors, etc.
- Prepare/compile project documentation such as technical requirements & specifications, test reports, and project reports.
- Bachelor degree or above in electric/electronic/mechanical engineering, or related disciplines with 6 years of working experience on design and implementation of Battery Management System (BMS) and/or Hybrid Energy Storage System (HESS), or Master’s degree with 3 years of experience, or PhD in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Knowledge and experience in applying CAN communication protocols (e.g. SAE J1772, CHAdeMO, etc.) to implement/debug HV charging to suit domestic/industrial/automotive needs is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in creating mathematical models, performing simulations and resolving engineering problems using Matlab/Simulink is highly desirable.
- Possesses technical knowledge in HIL (Hardware-In-the-Loop) testing/simulation for control systems is preferred.
- Excellent skills in problem solving and critical thinking, and strong team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application open until this position is filled.
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.