- Design, implement, and test robotic algorithms for manufacturing & service robotic applications;
- Develop grasp / motion / path / trajectory planning, control systems for manufacturing & service robotic applications;
- Vision & tactile sensing fusion and related control algorithms development for manufacturing & service robotic applications;
- Integrating machine learning, control and perception (vision and tactile sensing) that allows a robot to learn and execute new tasks.
- PhD degree or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Computer Science, Robotics or relevant disciplines. For Master's degree, 3+ years experience is preferred or Bachelor's degree with 6 years relevant experience. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Engineering background with hands-on experience developing robotic control systems;
- Experience in integrating and implementing machine learning, force control and perception system (vision & tactile sensing);
- Knowledge of manufacturing or service robotic controls is required, examples of such experience include, but are not limited to, path planning, obstacle detection and avoidance, 3D scanning sensor integration, vision-based control, and vision-based identification, tactile sensor and system integration, tactile sensing feedback control, etc.;
- Solid analytical skills and knowledge in mathematical, dynamic, kinematics, automation control, non-linear control, etc.;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 15 July 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.