- To perform layout design of power electronics module, such as half/full bridge power module, to meet existing or future power product requirements;
- To perform numerical simulation of the power electronics module to evaluate its transient response, determine its parasitic parameters and the corresponding conduction & switching loss;
- To perform benchmarking of the power electronics module by static and transient electrical measurement;
- To understand and propose to improve the device-level electrical performance and reliability of power electronics ICs, especially for the 3rd generation semiconductor devices (SiC & GaN);
- To provide cross-functional co-ordination among thermo-mechanical, materials and process, test and reliability groups for product implementation;
- To conduct literature and marketing review on products, patents and research papers to collect background information and facilitate proposal drafting.
- Bachelor degree or above in Electrical/Power Electronics Engineering, Applied Physics, or related disciplines with 6 years of industrial experience in power electronic design, or Master’s degree with 3 years of experience, or PhD in related area. Candidate will less experience will be considered as Engineer;
- Skillful in electrical layout design for high power electronics module such as MOSFET, GaN FET, power converter, etc.;
- Experience in programming or using numerical design related software (e.g. ANSYS Q3D Extractor, HFSS, ADS, Matlab, etc.) for parasitic extraction and loss calculation of power electronics modules;
- Hands-on experience in building up and characterizing the performance of power electronics module by using various measuring tools, such as double pulse testing system, dynamic impedance analyzer, etc.;
- Hands-on experience in system-level production development, such as inverter, charger, wireless power transfer module is a plus;
- Knowledge in device-level reliability is a plus;
- Experience in power electronics packaging such as IGBT is a plus;
- Fluent in English, good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, aggressive and outgoing character.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 9 March 2018
Email: [email protected]
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.