Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Responsible for research and development of advance optical elements, components, system design and prototyping for display and sensing applications, such as freeform optics-based AR/VR display, object/human identification/authentication, and environment sensing, etc.
- Define optical specifications, optical simulations, design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, design reviews, manufacturability assessments, and verification of design durability and reliability
- Conduct diffractive optical element, waveguide optics or other digital optical elements design and fabrication
- Resolve technical problems relative to optics: technology research and development, IP development of core technologies
- Evaluating and implementing customer requirements in an optical engineering environment
- PhD holder or Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Physics or relevant disciplines with minimum 3 years of related experiences. Candidates with fewer experience may also be considered
- Technical knowledge in Applied Optics, Diffractive Optics, Waveguide Optics, Holographic Optics etc.
- Experience in FDTD simulations, Finite Element Analysis, and/or other relevant numerical simulations
- Familiar with programming using C/C++, Python, Matlab, etc. is a plus
- Experience on design software tools (CodeV, Comsol or Zemax, etc)
- Nanofabrication skills and clean room expertise is a plus
- Self-motivated and good communication skills
- Lives ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
You are suggested NOT to include sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected].
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.