- Conduct investigation, prepare status reports related to cell design issues, make recommendations and contribute to resolving issues as required.
- Evaluate materials/components properties for lithium ion battery cell assembly, and establish cell design details required to meet commercial application requirements and acceptability for production.
- Work with R&D team, suppliers and contractors to demonstrate new product designs meet the specified requirements in accordance with program schedules.
- Research literature and industry for advanced technology that demand next generation cell/module/pack design and works with vendor supply base to evaluate efficacy and readiness.
- Pursue development of intellectual property to protect technology developments and secure competitive position.
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Materials Engineering or equivalent experience, Master's degree with 3+ years' experience, or PhD holder with less experience. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Familiarity with current state of the art production processes applicable to lithium battery cells.
- Familiarity with test equipment and test procedures applicable to lithium battery products.
- Experience in working with external vendors and contractors to develop and qualify battery cell designs is a plus.
- Involving in R&D activity related to advanced battery technologies is a plus.
- Self-motivated and good problem solving skills
- Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; independent, responsible and aggressive character.
- Good command of English, fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 15 April 2016: Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.