- Lead ASTRI’s IoT and Sensors initiatives including delivering innovation applications such as industrial robots, visual inspection technologies, sophisticated displays, biometric solutions and environmental sensing etc. by formulating strategies, near-term, mid-term, and long-term goals that align with ASTRI’s mission and vision.
- Expand the existing domain expertise to cover a broader, strategic scope across the technology and business sectors in Hong Kong, Greater Bay Area, and the wider region.
- Develop and perform innovation applied research relevant to industry players through close collaboration with industry players, universities and other R&D institutes and powering smart enterprises with advanced automation and productivity solutions.
- Develop and implement business strategies and execution for technology commercialisation and its knowledge transfer to the industries as an enabler.
- Manage and grow a world-class R&D team.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering; PhD preferred with at least 10 years of relevant hands-on R&D project development and management.
- Demonstrates proven track record with hands-on experiences related to IoT and Sensing initiatives and projects covering Intelligent Machine Vision, Sensing Devices & Integration, and Emerging Sensing & Display System.
- Extensive exposure in deep learning-based defects classification technology for medical & health care, palm fusion biometric sensing technology for security control, and mini-spectroscopy technology for smart living.
- Extensive industrial experience with technical marketing, customer interfacing, product design, development and launching.
- Solid experiences in managing significant R&D group with seasoned researchers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in written and spoken English. Cantonese and Putonghua are a plus.
- Lives ASTRI values.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates please send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition by email. Or you may contact
San Lee, Head of Talent Acquisition on +852 3406 2888 for a confidential discussion. For Application, please email to: [email protected]
Application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.