- Ceramic substrate technology development for GaN/SiC-based power electronics applications to include substrate material selection and characterization, thermal & mechanical analysis, assembly process development, manufacturability and reliability assessments.
- Substrate design and routing to develop power module prototypes to meet electrical, mechanical, reliability and cost requirements.
- Coordination of product development activities to resolve packaging and assembly related issues.
- Participate and contribute to the project proposal writing process and develop key IPs/patents of power electronics technology.
- Master’s degree or above in the materials science & engineering, or related disciplines;
- 5+ years working experience in the interconnect and/or substrate technologies (for PhD holder, 8+ years for Master’s degree holder), less experience will be considered as Senior Engineer.
- In-depth understanding of the complete power module product cycle, and ceramic substrate design for performance, manufacturability and cost is a must.
- Expertise in new interconnect technologies (e.g., sintering silver) for high power electronics and/or high thermal conductivity new substrate technologies (e.g., Cu/AlN/Cu) is a big plus.
- Good written and communication skills in English; Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, aggressive and outgoing character.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 October 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.