- Develop new electric interconnect (e.g., sintering Ag) or metal/ceramic/metal substrate (e.g., Cu/Al2O3/Cu, Cu/AlN/Cu) for power electronics applications.
- Develop novel synthesis methods including recipes & processes for electric interconnect or metal/ceramic/metal substrate sample builds.
- Perform compositional analysis and structure characterization of various electric interconnects or metal/ceramic/metal substrate.
- Apply the electric interconnect or metal/ceramic/metal substrate for power electronics module sample builds and pilot-run.
- Master's degree or above in the materials science & engineering, or related disciplines;
- 5+ years working experience in the interconnect and/or substrate technologies (for PhD holder, 8+ years for Master's degree holder), less experience will be considered as Senior Engineer.
- Experience in the interconnect/substrate materials formulation and synthesis, structure analysis and performance evaluation using different analytical tools (e.g., SEM, EDX, etc.) is a must.
- Expertise in the high temperature new interconnect technologies (e.g., sintering silver) and/or high thermal conductivity new substrate technologies (e.g., Cu/AlN/Cu) is a big plus.
- Good written and communication skills in English; Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, aggressive and outgoing character.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule. Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than 30 September 2016. Email: [email protected] Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.