Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Develop analysis algorithm to extract the chemical information from the optical image and optical spectrum, e.g., hyperspectral imaging, all-round optical detection, Raman spectroscopy, UV fluorescence, NIR absorption, etc.
- Work closely with the optoelectronics hardware team members to conduct simulations and evaluations before constructing the modules and devices
- Work closely with the chemical sensing team members to construct intelligent algorithm for data processing for jewelry, food, environment, and health applications
- Carry out tests and data analysis for the prototype improvements
- Liaison with external platforms of Open-Source AI Frameworks
- Ph.D. holder or Master’s degree in Physics, Mechanics, Electronics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Science, Engineering or relevant disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in the industry of Opto-electronics / Opto-mechatronics. Candidate with fewer experience may also be considered.
- Familiar with R&D methodologies, design concepts and principles for the development of optical sensing device comprising optoelectronics modules
- Familiar with computer programming languages, e.g., Python, C, C++, C#, Labview, etc. for data processing and modelling
- Hands-on experience in constructing the program with multivariate analysis and machine learning process for smart sensing applications
- Experience in statistics and chemometric modelling using multivariate analysis such as PLS/PCA/SIMCA/ANN, etc.
- Practical knowledge in the development of portable optoelectronics devices for food, environment, and health applications
- Knowledge in image processing tools and other simulation tools, e.g., Photoshop, Zemax, Matlab, COMSOL, is a plus
- Fluent in English and be able to work as part of a team
- Live ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.