- Lead the ASTRI Public Affairs function to deliver corporate branding and support business missions and goals. Proactive delivery of PR strategies and lead PA members to implement media, promotions and events and ASTRI’s visits to publicise our latest R&D innovation.
- Drive ASTRI’s reputation primarily among the Hong Kong local community, expanding coverage in GBA, mainland and greater China area. Further, use HK local English and pan-regional media touch points to raise premium profile for ASTRI.
- Deliver measurable corporate communications plan via traditional and new channels, including TV, press, radio and digital media.
- Improve and maintain ASTRI’s website, more effectively engage targeted audiences by presenting relevant corporate (brand) content, infographics, animations and videos, articulated in approachable easy-to-understand audio and visuals.
- Improve efficiency within the PA function. Set goals and KPIs for team and members. Design measurement for success and motivate performance.
- Perform effectively as Spokesperson on ASTRI’s official view internally and externally. Establish, maintain and enhance trusted relationship with media, NGO, businesses and interest groups.
- Implement corporate communications strategies (public affairs and internal communications). To develop, manage and grow relationship with media and external parties including Hong Kong and mainland officials, business partners and stakeholders in industries related to ASTRI.
- Within ASTRI, align with other functions through inter-departmental meetings. Collaborate across functions and business units to advocate strategic positioning of the company.
- Within the PA team to build Trust, Respect and closer communication among the PA members and collaboration with the rest of CMO function. Further, to help ASTRI develop a firmwide transparent and positive Culture, collaborate to jointly advance the company’s reputation and business interests.
- Focus on advancing ASTRI public image and profile, working with influential stakeholders e.g. think tank, campaigning organization, industrial body and consumer group; and the Media.
- Develop appropriate and impactful message that supports the ASTRI’s brand in terms of tone of voice, using effective communications material for press release, presentation, blog post, social media content, letter to the editor, internal newsletters, townhall communications, etc. Handles government and official responses, etc.
- Responsible to produce CEO’s speech to appropriately address external functions and conference. Screen external invitations and recommend ASTRI’s appropriate actions.
- Handle ad-hoc projects, new initiatives and stretched goals as directed by the CMO.
- Proactively anticipate and effectively manage reputation risks by engaging stakeholders and managing media appropriately; and via internal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, Business, Journalism, Communications or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience.
- Solid experience in B2B Marketing – including large scale event marketing, branding positioning, media relations, and corporate communications and internal (employees) communications.
- An excellent presenter and public speaker with outstanding communications skills, must be a strong leader, with listening power, and cultural sensitivity.
- Superb writing and presentation skills in English and Chinese (spoken Cantonese and Mandarin); able to translate and articulate complex information into easy-to-understand consumer benefits and messages.
- Proven consensus building and interpersonal skills. Highly adaptable to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a fast pace environment and be diplomatic, responsive and mature.
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving skills to handle internal customer and external stakeholder.
- A proactive, confident and action-oriented individual possessing a strong team spirit and ready collaboration.
- Lives ASTRI values.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates please send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition by email. Or you may contact
San Lee, Head of Talent Acquisition on +852 3406 2888 for a confidential discussion. For Application, please email to: [email protected]
Application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.