- Formulate the strategic direction of the legal department to align with ASTRI’s business objectives.
- Ensure ASTRI’s compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the formulation of management policy, being a member of the executive management team, for ASTRI to comply with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and provide timely risk assessment and analysis for the management’s consideration.
- Assess the legal risk of business initiatives through timely advice to the management and the relevant internal departments.
- Work closely with related department heads and key stakeholders.
- Handle any litigation involving ASTRI and provide strategic leadership in such proceeding.
- Provide training on relevant legal matters to ASTRI’s staff.
- The holder of a LL.B. degree (with good honors) or J.D. degree from a common law jurisdiction and is qualified to practise law in Hong Kong
- A minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in a reputable law firm or an in-house position. Previous working experience in the public sector or high-tech industry is required. Candidates with less experience may be considered for the position of Senior Legal Counsel.
- Lead a legal team to provide efficient and effective legal services.
- Extensive experience with in-depth knowledge of IT and IP laws.
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Track record in technology licensing and intellectual property matters.
- Familiar with corporate structure and transactions on a domestic, mainland, and international level.
- Proficient in government policies, taxation, and labor law.
- Great people skill to maintain a good working relationship with other teams.
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Putonghua (both spoken and written).
- Lives the ASTRI values.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested parties please send your detailed resume with applied position (quoting Ref. No.), current and expected salary in Microsoft Word format (.doc) to Talent Acquisition by email. Or you may contact San Lee, Head of Talent Acquisition on +852 3406 2888 for a confidential discussion. For Application, please email to: [email protected]
Application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.