Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
- Develop and prototype machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) algorithms and software both independently and as part of collaborative teams for tasks such as image classification, object detection, image segmentation, anomaly detection and optical character recognition.
- Work closely with Optical, Electronic/Electrical and Mechanical engineers to develop prototypes for industrial applications such as vision guiding and defect inspection
- Take business trips to other cities for onsite support occasionally
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Ph.D. holder or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or relevant disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of related experience. Candidate with fewer experience may also be considered.
- Experience with Python or C++ programming
- Experience with DL frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Exposure to C, C#, CUDA and SQL programming is a plus
- Experience with computer vision, image processing and OpenCV is a plus
- Strong teamwork and good analytical thinking skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Lives ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.