It is applied across six core areas which are Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing and Re-Industrialization, Digital Health, Application Specific Integrated Circuits, and Metaverse.
Over the years, ASTRI has nurtured a pool of research, I&T talents and received numerous international awards for its pioneering innovations as well as outstanding business and community contributions. To date, ASTRI has transferred over 800 technologies to the industries and been granted more than 900 patents in the Mainland, the US, and other countries.
- Report to the Vice President, be responsible for understanding the needs of HK & GBA industry and defining corresponding technology & product roadmap in the Power Semiconductor and its applications to smart city and industry 4.0
- Implement the technology & product roadmap with 5-years project plans and prepare corresponding proposals for both HK & GBA funding applications and industry financial supports
- Recruit, develop and build a strong team to execute the projects, establish a strong patent and new product portfolios in the Power Semiconductor
- Initiate, coordinate and consolidate R&D resources from different organizations (e.g., universities, RIs, etc.) to promote international collaborations and establish the technology leadership and enhance the competitiveness of local industry in the Power Electronics field
- Master Degree in the Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines
- 15+ years’ working experience in the power electronics industry and/or research organization with well-established expertise in different kinds of power & energy systems and their applications. 10+ years of people management experience with well-developed leadership skills in strategy planning, resource integration, team establishment, plan execution and effective communication
- In-depth understanding of the technology development trend and the entire power & energy storage system development cycle, from system design, component selection, system integration, to product qualification is a must
- Expertise in new energy related products such as EV, charging station, PV, etc. and wide network & collaboration with universities and companies is a plus
- Good written and communication skills in English; Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, aggressive and outgoing character, and Live ASTRI values
- Live ASTRI values
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send an application (quoting Ref. No.) with a detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]. The resume should not include any sensitive personal information such as HKID or passport number, photo, etc.
Position offer is subject to the applicant’s experience and academic qualification. The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.