- Report to the Divisional Senior Director, the Group Director will be responsible for understanding the needs of local industry and defining corresponding technology roadmap in FPGA/IC development for AI-related applications
- Implement the technology roadmap with 5-years project plans and prepare corresponding proposals for ITF funding application and industry financial support
- Recruit, develop and build a strong team to execute the projects, establish a strong patent and new product portfolios in FPGA/IC for AI-related applications (e.g., AGV, AMR, etc.)
- Work with the marketing team to promote, market and commercialize the technologies and products to be developed through the projects
- Initiate, coordinate and consolidate R&D resources from different organizations (e.g., universities, RIs, etc.) to promote international collaborations and establish the technology leadership and enhance the competitiveness of the local industry in the FPGA/IC field
- Master degree or above in the Electric/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related disciplines
- 10+ years’ working experience in the electronics industry with well-established expertise in various products; 5+ years of people management experience with well-developed leadership skills in strategy planning, resource integration, team establishment, plan execution and effective communication
- In-depth understanding of the complete electronics product development cycle, and system design for performance, production compliance, manufacturability and cost is a must
- Experience in various AI and intelligent vision technologies, such as machine learning, image recognition, image/video signal processing, for smart city and industry 4.0 related applications
- Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills, independent, responsible
- Good written and communication skills in English, Cantonese, Putonghua
- Live ASTRI values
- Passionate about new technology
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work a five-day week.
Interested candidates, please send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume, current and expected salary to Talent Acquisition via email to [email protected]astri.org.
The application will be open until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only.